Why & Who Should Do Headspa?
As we get older, 3 types of phenomena occurs.
In our 30s & above, our hair naturally starts to thin & decrease in strength.
Why? As we age, women experience a decrease in the amount of female hormones produced, while men experience an excessive secretion of male hormones & sebum. The number of blood capillaries also decreases, resulting in poor blood circulation.
As a result, hairline parting gets more obvious due to a decrease in the number of hair in each pore (in women), and hair becomes soft and downy especially at the top (in men).
Hair Frizz & Unwanted Waves
As we age, the inside (cortex) of our hair hollows out, causing the hair to lose strength and shape. The hair thus looks frizzy, lacks firmness, and has unwanted waves.
The surface (cuticle) layer that helps maintain hair elasticity also starts to reduce, decreasing further towards hair ends. This makes the hair rough and hard, losing its elasticity and shine.
This decline in hair strength is true, regardless of whether you have done a lot of chemical services (hair colouring, perming, rebonding, etc.) before or little to none at all.
Image Credit: Tes Teach
Our scalp starts to become thin and hard due to a decrease in cell production of elastic ingredients such as collagen, hyaluronic acid & more. The condition of the scalp changes:
As the scalp loses elasticity & its strength to support hair, the hair loses volume & changes in silhouette. It also becomes difficult to nurture healthy hair.
A headspa is thus a form of protection & targeted treatment for your scalp and hair to encourage healthy hair growth, and make beautiful hair designs continuously possible.
Room's Tailor-Made Headspa
Just as how we eat vegetables for our body to gain necessary nutrients, the speciality of our headspa is harnessing the natural power of vegetables to pack your hair/scalp with minerals, vitamins & antioxidants.
Our certified headspa meister Emiko will first analyse your hair condition, before selecting the appropriate Viege products to combat your hair concern.
1) Consultation with customer to address their hair concerns & recommend suitable products.
2) Shampoo to gently remove sebum, odour & metal ions & support penetration of treatment.
Adjuvant Shampoo is selected based on hair concern.
2) Apply selected oil based on hair concern:
3) Apply Viege base gel massage cream - for strengthening the hair root, while softening & moisturising the hardened scalp from within. Supplies ingredients to increase hair elasticity
4) Scalp & lymphatic drainage massage - Targeted to eliminate your body’s waste - An all-encompassing massage effective for hair care & recovery of facial/head fatigue. Great for people experiencing eye, shoulder & brain fatigue. - Anti-Aging Care: Loosened muscles produce a lift-up facial effect
5) Apply Milbon treatment to moisturise & increase softness of hair. Steam hair to open cuticles for better absorption, before washing.
6) Apply Viege Medicate essence to promote thicker, stronger & healthier hair
- Contains ginseng extract, mulberry root bark extract, bamboo root extract & licorice leaf extract
8) Scalp & Lymphatic drainage massage again.
9) Blow-dry hair
It is recommended to do a headspa every 3-4 weeks to achieve long-term results. At Room, we offer two kinds of headspa:
Scalp Care Treatment: $100 ($139 if it is not done with any other service)
Scalp & Hair Treatment: $180
Ready to book one? Let Emiko take care of you! SMS/Call 8814 4360 to book an appointment now.